Sunday, October 5, 2008

Colors of Christmas?

What are the colors of Christmas? Are they only green and red?

I love to use non-traditional colors in my Christmas cards. I made this card for a class this past week. The colors are Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White. I used the Snow Swirled stamp set (Item 111690) along with some White Ribbon (secretly I wish I had the taffeta instead, but it still looks pretty). You may notice some hints of texture on the background of the Pretty in Pink card, these are snowflakes from the same set done in Versa Mark (giving it that watermark, tone on tone look). On the tree itself, I used the two-way glue pen to pick some swirls and adhere some Dazzling Diamonds.



I know it feels early to think about Christmas, but I find the Holiday's sneak up on me too quickly and I want to be prepared. Are you thinking about making your Christmas cards? What is the look you are going for? What colors do you love together?

If you are thinking about making your cards this year, but don't know where to start. Contact me to schedule some time and I will sit down with you to help you figure it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Danielle!

Anonymous said...

Love the pink holiday theme! So fashionable!