Well I am getting ready for my 2008 Fall/Winter Idea Book open house tomorrow. I am so excited to have everyone over and share the wonderful new items. We will be making two really cute make-n-takes with new products and stamp sets. Can't show you what they look like now, because it might spoil the surprise.
One thing I did spend some time on was making making Thank You gifts for all of my visitors. These are called Sour Cream containers and they are so simple to make. All you need is:
1) Designer Paper (4 1/4 x 5 1/2)
3) Something to put inside!!
If you want to get a little fancy, you can use a crimper to crimp the edges and make it looked like it was sealed by a machine and embellish it with some sentiment. I used Thank you So Much from Sincere Salutations (I get so much use out of this set!!).
Anyway, I have taken a picture of the finished products along with three in the different stages of creation.
1) Put adhesive on one 4 1/4 edge and both the 5 1/2 edges
2) Adhere the edges of the 4 1/4 side to make a cylinder shape
3) Press one of the open (5 1/2) sides together - closing one side (Crimp)
4) Fill with your favorite treat
5) Push the other (5 1/2) sides together in the opposite direction from the other end (Crimp). (When looking at the container from the top, the two ends will form a +.)
6) Embellish as you like!!
Super simple and really cute!