Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Look Beyond The Stamp Set

How do you like this simple card of a wreath? Look closer...is that really a wreath? Well it isn't, I made this wreath with one of the two step flowers in the HeartFelt Thanks set. A two step stamp, creates an image in two steps. You layer the images to create depth and color. Notice the full image and the outlined image on the sets displayed near the card. Here I stamped both the images with the same color in a circle - I wanted a more cohesive look with some texture to create the wreath. I then used what is normally the center to create the look of berries. To get the most out of your stamp sets, look beyond the intent of the stamp set you will be surprised at the number of different things you can do.

OH - Before I forget - Congratulations to..

Katie
Alenoush
Cara
Julie
Barbara

They were the first 5 to responded to my subscribe to my blog post!! They will each receive $5.00 off their next class.

No comments: