Sunday, September 21, 2008

I did it!

Hi Friends,

I just wanted to say Thank You to all who believed in me. I finished my first 5K today!!! Wooo Hooo!!!



I ran in the CVS Caremark Downtown 5K The weather was great and the sun was HOT...but I finished. I am in that group of approx 6000 runners!!! I don't know yet where I placed, but I know I wasn't last and that was my goal. It took me approx 38 min (again - don't have my time yet). This has been pretty average for me during my training. Here I am after I crossed the finish line..



This is a great accomplishment for me. Some people said that once you finish your first race you will get the racing bug. I can honestly say that didn't happen. Next year I will run Shawn's race and I will probably run this one too, but I don't think I will be looking for any new ones.

Hopefully the results will be posted tomorrow and I will find out where I placed. Stamp with you soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you my friend!! You look amazing and I'm sure you must feel amazing after finishing your first race. :) Way to go girl...and, whoooooooo hoooooooo!!!
Hugs!!!
Liz :)

Anonymous said...

So proud of you!!Great pic of you crossing the finish line....Very inspiring!